Reactions to Spirit Week

Photo courtesy of TheTalon.com

Photo courtesy of TheTalon.com

Photo courtesy of TheTalon.com

Nevaeh Huerta, Reporter

Spirit week has started and people are dressing up. Most of the people I saw today really did start to show a lot of school spirit by wearing a toga. I don’t know what today’s dress was like, but i guess it is something of ancient Rome. But keeping up the school spirit is always a good opportunity to break a couple of dress code rules like the hats. Most people enjoy showing more of what they are like and what they seem to show. School spirit is useful for that, but I would say that I don’t have much spirit for spirit week. I usually just dress casual and write stuff, but today I would see how people reacted to spirit week and what they wore. Furthermore, Buena High School seems to show the most spirit for each day by being dressed up.

School spirit is usually a thing that the student council plans for each individual of the school. Yesterday, I noticed the dressing of many seniors and juniors were in togas it was weird ,but most of the reactions I got were about how it looked like something ancient roman would wear. It was interesting to see, but most looked like it was a fail. Today is senior citizens day, I didn’t really see anyone dressed up, but I don’t really know what we are actually supposed to dress like.Like do we wear something that was brought down to us from a generation or just appreciated them. Which I don’t really think we have to dress up today, just what are we supposed to do. I’ll see what people think, but today’s spirit makes no sense where is the motivation for this? Who decided this? And Why? I do appreciate senior citizens, but i want to understand why we have to dress up today. Today is Stereotype day you must be dressed as a certain stereotype i’m dressed as an emo. I saw a lot people who are dressed as nerds and just casual clothing. Most people don’t understand what school spirit is unlike me, I don’t have to dress as anything. The seniors are bringing back the style of wearing hats backward, which weirds others out.

I went over to many people and figured that most don’t dress for these things and some do. There are more people that don’t understand them, but still dress up anyway to show that they care. But mostly because their friends with the student council although, it’s not really a big thing. The next week is going to be the end of the year for seniors it’s graduation. Today, it has been decided to be planned out for a senior prank with tin foil and newspaper even fish in the bathroom. Most people thought this was funny, but I didn’t really understand it , I was more into something else. How was spirit week for you? Other than that, there were a lot of people who I saw that enjoyed it most of them even wore something nice. Teachers I knew were very optimistic about this, especially Mrs. Adams she even wonders which students in her class are seniors. Furthermore, this spirit week was unexpected, I didn’t know all the days but I got to it.