Most Creative Outfit

Photo courtesy of TheTalon.com

Photo courtesy of TheTalon.com

Photo courtesy of TheTalon.com

Ariella Rentschler, Reporter

Spirit week is a time for seniors to dress out and express themselves and their creativity under a common theme. The weeks starts on Toga day, then Senior Citizen day, Wednesday is Stereotype day, Thursday College day, and finally, Friday is Camo-out day. Only seniors are permitted to participate but the halls are still filled with creative ideas.

On Toga day, the senior classes were swarming with bedsheets and Roman wear. Some students got creative and made their own costumes, complete with gold belts and shoulder clasps. Others had already had theirs from Halloweens passed and each person rocked theirs as they strutted into class.

For Senior Citizen day, Bridgit McDaniel wore a costume inspired by her great grandma Sarah. She spiced up her attire with a fanny pack and a hand-made eyeglass chain, thinking this all was necessary to her fabulous costume. She dresses up on every day possible and has a vision in mind for each of her odd outfits.

On Stereotype day, students picked a wide range of outfits. Some wore only black and heavy hoods, while others wore Asian style clothing. All the costumes that day were a sight to behold, each as creative as the last.

Thursday was filled with college t-shirts and frat-boy costumes. Each person wore their future plan in plain sight across their outfit. Friday, however, gained the most attention from seniors. It was Camo-out day, full of army pants and stylish jackets. Some seniors, like Gabriel Thoman, created their own definition of camo. He wore handmade leather accessories over a woven kilt that was passed down through his family. He is just one of the many students who dressed up that day, using his creativity to stand out.

It has been an interesting week for seniors here at Buena, as they get out the nerves for their approaching futures. Creativity and art are on the rise in this highschool as is hope for what college and beyond holds.