Sister Cities

Sister Cities

Thania Salinas, Reporter

The Sister Cities club was created to give students that desired to join this club the opportunity to raise fundraisers to be able to travel to Germany for two weeks and expand their knowledge about the country and emerge themselves in the culture. The club meets every Tuesday  at 3:00 after school in Mrs. Rachael Henry’s classroom (Room 1216). Being sponsored by the Sister Cities Association, the Sister Cities Club works on fundraisers throughout the year and some of their upcoming fundraisers include a booth for Oktoberfest, and the Tailgate on Friday, September 14 and Saturday, September 15. The club officials consist of President Jayden Brown, Vice-President Magie Yarborough, and Treasurer Isaac Johnson. In order to be a member, you simply have to be willing to participate in fundraisers and attend club meetings after school; there is no need to hold an interview for possible club members. Alexa Peña, a member of this club, expresses that she would definitely recommend joining Sister Cities Club because “you could possibly receive the opportunity to travel to Germany and make new friends.” Treasurer Isaac Johnson believes that joining this club has given him the opportunity to interact with other students more and build relationships with people who have similar interests, and he believes this could be true to anyone that desired to join as well.