Top Halloween Horror Movies According to Buena Students

Thania Salinas, Reporter

Innumerable people across the country believe that October is one of the most enjoyable months of the year for a variety of reasons, Halloween being one of them. Halloween has proved to be a greatly awaited holiday as people have the opportunity to dress up in their wildest costumes, watch the scariest horror movies, and simply have a blast with their friends and family while trick-or-treating.

Watching horror films can bring out the emotion of fear. Fear is one of the most dominant emotions an individual can have, but somehow, people seem to enjoy that emotion more than anything. Multiple people seek fear by telling scary stories, attending haunted houses, dressing up as as horror figures, etc. Most importantly, however, they enjoy to binge watch horror movies as Halloween approaches.

Horror movies hold a major influence during Halloween season, and there are very few people that do not enjoy the feeling of rush and adrenaline while watching them. Some of the most popular movies include classics such as The Shining, Halloween, Scream, Hocus Pocus, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and countless more. After asking a couple of students at Buena High School which movies they enjoyed the most during Halloween season, they came up with a variety of answers:

“I cannot choose just one! My favorite movies to watch on Halloween would have to be Coraline, Monster House, and the Nightmare Before Christmas because since I have watched these movies every single year ever since I was a kid, these are the first that come to mind.”

— Junior Nicole Sandoval

“I would say anything with Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, and Freddy Krueger because they are easily able to get you in the mood for spooky season. Plus, they are the best to watch with those close to you.”

— Senior Axell Romero

“My favorite Halloween movies would have to be Corpse Bride and the Nightmare before Christmas. These two animation films are both beautifully constructed with visuals, characters, and story lines along with an overall eerie mood. They really put me in a spooky yet relaxed mood, I would definitely recommend watching them!”

— Senior Raquel Vasquez

“There are many exceptional Halloween movies out there but my favorite would have to be Monster House. This movie is set in an imaginary world but to the characters it is a reality. This movie holds both intensity and explanation in the plot that are able to frighten the audience.”

— Sophomore Ryan Cruz

“The best scary movie of all time in my heart would have to be The Conjuring. No movie has been able to frighten me the way this movie has, that’s why it is definitely my top pick for a Halloween marathon.”

— Sophomore Aryn Waters

“The movie that scares me the most would have to be The Sixth Sense.”

— Sophomore Elijah Howes

“My top pick would definitely be Hocus Pocus. I mean, everyone knows this movie, it’s a classic!”

— Junior Veronica Medina

“My favorite horror movies would have to be, of course, the Halloween movies. Michael Myers is my favorite villain and both the new and old movies are very enjoyable.”

— Junior Matthew Fifield

Everyone has at least one horror film they hold close to their heart, and the approaching of Halloween simply calls for a marathon of the best films!

About the Writer
Thania Salinas, Reporter

My name is Thania Salinas, I am a Junior, and this is my second year writing for the Pegasus. I joined newspaper because it is an opportunity to express...