A Village Meadows Halloween

A Village Meadows Halloween

A student apprehensively approaches the doorway of one of Village Meadows’ haunted hallways.

Laila Avery, Reporter

The Village Meadows Halloween Event, which has been going on for at least fifteen years, swarms with little kids in their Halloween costume. Games and a plethora of candy accompany the event as commonplace. There’s karaoke, a haunted hall, a hayless hayride, and consistent trick-or-treating. “Because it helps us collect funds that we can use to help the school with things. For about three years in a row, we collected funds from our Fall Festival, our Spring Carnival, and our Holiday Shop, and it payed for the awning that is up front, where the kids get picked up by parents,” says June Palmer, the PTO President.

Senior Elena Matias, sophomore Tayllor Anderson, and sophomore Kitanna Parker are standing at a Milk Bottle Toss booth in the center square, representing and volunteering from Buena High School’s Key Club. These three hand out prizes after the successful attempts at knocking down the bottles with a ball. When asked what was so important about events like these, Tayllor said, “Seeing smiles on little kids’ faces, making sure that they’re having fun, y’know, having a good time.” Kitanna said, “Getting out there and showing people what Key Club is all about and helping.” Lastly, Elena said, “Just being able to participate in the community and be part of something.”

It was truly a special event to be part of, and we thank all of the Village Meadows staff, students, and other participants for putting it together and making it a memorable event for so many children.