Aloha!: Buena Cheerleaders Invited to CheerHawaii USA

+The+four+varsity+cheerleaders+who+were+invited+to+CheerHawaii+USA+in+their+leis+%28From+left+to+right%2C+Juniors+Nicole+Sandoval%2C+McKenna+Heck%2C+Courtney+Fulk%2C+and+Jamie+Schaaf%29.

The four varsity cheerleaders who were invited to CheerHawaii USA in their leis (From left to right, Juniors Nicole Sandoval, McKenna Heck, Courtney Fulk, and Jamie Schaaf).

Genesis Sandoval, Editor

Through hard work and passion, anything is possible, and four Buena Varsity cheerleaders have proved that. Juniors McKenna Heck, Nicole Sandoval, Jamie Schaaf, and Courtney Fulk have been invited to CheerHawaii USA, a once-in-a-lifetime 8 day camp in Honolulu, Hawaii, where cheerleaders from around the country can all meet at the University of Hawaii campus. The camp encourages the cheerleaders to receive the “Hawaiian experience” while also furthering their skills as athletes.
CheerHawaii is an amazing experience for any cheerleader, and all four girls are thrilled to be a part of it during June 2019. For Schaaf, it’s an important step in not only cheerleading but for her future. She explains, “I feel like CheerHawaii is a leadership opportunity and I really want to go and gain leadership skills, meet new people, and just take in the whole once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and be a leader next year alongside my other seniors.”
For Heck, going to CheerHawaii means fulfilling a dream of hers. She says, “It [being able to go to CheerHawaii] means so much. It was really exciting to be chosen by my coach… I’ve looked forward to this since middle school, being apart of Buena cheer and going to CheerHawaii. It’s one of those milestone moments I’ve always been excited for, and it’s finally coming true which is so exciting.”
The amazing experience does have a hefty price tag though. The camp totals $2,595, but fortunately, the four girls’ fundraising has already begun. They are all selling raffle tickets for $10 each, and are raffling away two Arizona Cardinals tickets, two Arizona Coyotes tickets, and a $500 Visa gift card. The fundraiser will benefit the girls immensely, and they all hope for success.
CheerHawaii USA isn’t just a nice vacation, it’s an amazing way to gain skills, both athletic related and otherwise, and all four girls are grateful for this new, upcoming experience.