Again With the Win!

Again With the Win!

Donnjai Arenovski, Reporter

On Tuesday, November 27, the Buena Lady Colts hosted their first home game of the season, against the Cholla Chargers. The ladies closed the night with a successful ending, as all three teams won their games by at least 10 points ahead. Whilst talking to head varsity coach, Cole Colvin, he willingly expressed his thoughts on the overall outcome of his varsity team’s effort. “I think we started a little slow and sluggish, but as the game went on I think that our effort improved with a little more intensity.” The Buena Lady Colts are constantly working each and every day to improve their performance, by focusing on the minor details. Coach Colvin went on to explain “Overall I am pleased with the outcome, although we still need to work on some little things to get a little better.” The Lady Colts certainly, always work as a team. As Coach Colvin acknowledged his team’s effort on working together, he added, “I’d say they always make that extra pass, they’re always looking for that next person to score. It’s not a me mentality, it’s more of a we mentality.”

One player on the team, Lydia Griffith, a junior, who’s been on the girls varsity team since freshman year, happily shared Tuesday’s game experience. “I think it was pretty good, my shots weren’t falling in the beginning, but towards the end of the game, I got some falls.” She explained in a level tone, “I scored 16 points that game.” Griffith also agrees with Colvin, when I asked about her team’s collaboration during the game. With a smile, she assured, “Yes, I think we did good on that, especially on the defensive end and communicating and stuff like that, I think it was good!” The ladies diligently do their best, with practices Monday through Friday and at times, even on Saturdays! Kudos to all Lady Colts and I wish each and every one good luck on their next game against Salpointe on December 4th!