Buena Makes New Moves!

Buena Makes New Moves!

Donn'Jai Arenovski, Reporter

Walking out of the Buena doors as soon as the bell rings, as you prepare to go home, you happen to take a quick glance your left and boom! What’s that new building over near the football field? Oh, it’s the new gym, no biggie right? Buena High School continuously makes new advancements by the second! Even if you don’t recognize them at first. From introducing the new principle, to the brand new Culinary Cafe and now a new gym! You never know what you’re going to get out of Buena, as it always changes for the better.

Whilst poking around for information about the oncoming Gym, I met with this year’s new athletic director, Mr. Brian Miller. Although there isn’t much to tell, as the building is still currently in the works, according to him, the building is rumored to be finished some time this around May! The purpose for the new gym, as Mr. Miller explained, is to simply give our athletic teams additional room! “To give us more practice space,” He continued, “to give P.E a gym to use so they don’t have to use the basketball floor, it also gives wrestling more space, and it also gives us a locker room for visiting teams.” This new gym will create more room, and help our school become more organized when it comes to the athletics. For example, right now the Buena lady colts and the boys basketball team, always negotiate a plan every year to hold their practices at different times, to avoid interrupting each others time within the gym. Though, there will be no need for this, as, if we have a second gymnasium at our school. Both teams will be able to hold their practices at the same time without getting in each other’s way. Convenient right? The new gym will help out more than enough with the little things as well as the big ones! As an athlete myself, I can honestly say I am genuinely excited about this new project!