Keeping a Family Focus

Keeping a Family Focus

Pixabay

Pixabay

Pixabay

Laila Avery, Reporter

With Christmastime approaching, the yearning for family time is being reinforced by Hallmark movies, banners at Walmart, and nearly everyone around you. Plane ticket prices fluctuate to accommodate for the travelers going home for the holidays, and many are looking forward to the break that comes with the famous time. On the contrary, teenagers, extending from the ages 13 to 18 have been known to distance themselves from the ones they love. As the New York Times puts it, “The arrival of spring is often prime time for hay fever, but adolescents seem to be able to develop an allergy to their parents, either intermittent or chronic, at any time of the year.” Whether it’s because we’re more engaged in our social or academic (probably not) lives, we have to remain mindful of what really matters.

“People who say they will always be there for you are not always there for you, but if it is two in the morning or four in the afternoon, I know I can always count on my family to be there,” says Megan Bradley, a writer on The Odyssey. This is exceptionally true. The people that you’re tied to by blood, especially your parents, have had a selfless devotion to you since birth. In the end, our time with them is limited, and there’s so much that they have to give to set us up for more success than they had if we listened. I’d like to present to you a calendar crafted by Tim Urban, a blogger in charge of the website Wait But Why. This isn’t just any calendar, though.

This is a life calendar. Above, there is a box shown for every week of a ninety-year life. Looking at it, you figure out that, especially because we’ve used an enormous amount of them already, that’s not a lot. Keep your eyes on the prize, spend time with the people you love, have fun, and spend the time you have filling every box with something special. After all, we only live one life, and it could be shorter than we think.

About the Writer
Laila Avery, Reporter

My name is Laila Avery and I’m a sophomore! I enjoy writing for the Pegasus because it gives me the opportunity to share my opinion and encourage other...