Behind The Scenes at Buena

Behind The Scenes at Buena

BHS, the home of opportunity for students and staff.

Thania Salinas, Reporter

Buena High School is able to operate as a result of the hard labor provided by its staff, administration members, counselors, security guards, janitors, cafeteria workers, and many more. However, they are not often reminded of how their contributions to this school shape the environment into a safe and enjoyable one for students. A school’s staff is just as crucial as the students that walk within its premises, and it is up to us to truly recognize the change they make in our school on a daily basis.

The workers that dedicate themselves and their time in order to put a smile on students’ faces make a huge impact on their daily lives. For instance, having individuals that are willing to provide food for the school at the cafeteria has proven to be a gift to the school. People like security guards, counselors, and teachers at Student Services are available to aid students in every aspect during the school day. Although some students at Buena High School do not take the time to reflect on how important these people are to the operation of our school, there is a large majority that can recognize their never-ending efforts. Sophomore Morgan Hammond reveals her stance on these “behind the scenes” individuals as she expresses, “I believe that one should recognize the efforts the staff at our school make in order to create an environment we as students enjoy.” When asked which staff member has supported her the most, she instantly had a particular person in mind. “Mr. Flynn has been not only been a teacher, but a friend and supporter in my life.”

No matter who you are, it is always crucial to remind those around you how much they’ve impacted your daily life. Regarding individuals that pour their hearts into making the students at Buena High School happy, it is crucial to let them know how their contributions to the school have shaped it into the enjoyable place it is today. Therefore, the next time a staff member makes your day at Buena remotely better, make sure to let them know you are thankful for them!