New Year’s Resolutions

New Year’s Resolutions

Thania Salinas, Reporter

The beginning of a new year means the beginning of new challenges, new goals, and newly found determination. By leaving toxic habits in the past and learning how to turn your life around and shape it into something you are proud of, New Years gifts us an exciting opportunity to conduct a better life. Though resolutions can be made year-round, a large majority of people find themselves seeking improvement in their own lives as soon as the new year approaches.

Resolutions are part of the fun of beginning a new year, and Buena High School students could not agree more! After speaking with a couple of high school students about improving their lives and becoming an overall better person in 2019, I was able to gather their goals for the new year:

“This year, I want to make podium for mountain biking. I also want to get to school on time and get enough sleep every single night!” — Sophomore Francisco Price

“I want to have a 4.0 GPA this year.” — Sophomore Elijah Howes

“My New Year’s Resolution is to work out more and get into an actual routine for school.” — Junior Keely Denny-Wright

“I would like to read more books and drink enough water every day, at least more than I do now.” — Junior Jaeda Castro

“This year, I am going to eat healthier.” — Junior Anthony Rodriguez

“One of my main goals is to not fail AP U.S. History.” — Junior Madison Muerer

“I want to start doing my homework as soon as I get home and not procrastinate.” — Junior Hanae Spiers

“I want to have better time management.” — Juniors Amelia Hughes & Nicole Sandoval

“My resolution is to save up more and have control of my money. I also want to truly focus on being successful in the future.” — Sophomore Ryan Cruz

“I need to eat healthier and work out regularly in 2019.” — Sophomore Riley Kennington

“This new year, I would like to be more dependent and stop overthinking, that way I will not need so much reassurance.” — Junior Bernie Polaha

“I want to go to the gym at least twice a week!” — Junior Haley Bartelds

“I don’t have a specific resolution this year, but I truly just want to be a better person overall.” — Junior Max Urrea-Valdez

“My resolution is to sleep and read more. Also, to have better grades.” — Junior Ashley Stephens

“In 2019, I want to volunteer more and get a job. Another thing I want to do this year is to spend more time writing.” — Junior Veronica Medina

Being able to actually follow through with a New Year’s resolution can be the toughest challenge in itself. A new year does not only implicate that one will have a fresh start, but it also means that an individual will find new challenges and obstacles to overcome. Determination, strength, and resilience will all be tested in 2019, however, the way in which you fight through to improve every aspect of your life is what will make you successful this upcoming year.

About the Writer
Thania Salinas, Reporter

My name is Thania Salinas, I am a Junior, and this is my second year writing for the Pegasus. I joined newspaper because it is an opportunity to express...