2019: A Year For Change

2019: A Year For Change

Pixabay

Pixabay

Pixabay

Laila Avery, Reporter

The first month of the year is nearly over and students are adjusting to new classes, new relationships, and new workloads. Some are embracing these new changes, and others are struggling to hang on to the lives they once had. With 2019 brings change; some good, some bad, but it’s our job to move forward, embrace it, and do the best that you can with it.

Change comes with good reason; you have to endure the uneasy atmosphere for a short while in order to receive the best harvest in the end. To kick off this year with a good start and continue to go strong until we finish out, here are a few things we should keep our minds on and strive to do: 

Keep Your Eyes Up

The world can never possibly run out of things to throw our way in an effort to get us off track and distract us from going where we need to. As we’ve seen from all over the world, such things can lead to unethical character, depression, and the like. Because of this, it’s important to keep your eyes up, and set your mind on the good things. Surround yourself with the mere thought of it; daydream, plan out your future, and spend time with the things that make you happy. You have to do it on purpose; things like that don’t happen on accident.

Set Yourself Up For Success

High school is all about preparing for secondary education and life outside of the comforts of home. Whether you’re a freshman or a senior, it’s never too early to start contemplating exactly what you’re going to do once you leave, and the steps you need to take to get there. That way, in the long run, you don’t have to live with regret.

Help Someone Out

Life gets a little lonely when you’re only concerned about yourself and the things that you want to do. Whether it’s volunteering for a cause that you believe in, or something small like cleaning up or cooking at home, gestures like these can build your personal character and can create bonds and connections with other people. Plus, you’re not the only person that’s possibly having a tough time. Give someone a hand.

Those three points could be summarized in these three phrases: keep an eye on your mentality, look out for yourself, and look out for others. With all of those in mind, hopefully it makes this year a better, and more productive year than the ones in the past. It’s 2019, the year for change, and it’s our job to change it for the better.