Teacher’s Spotlight: Mr. Eric Suchdolski

Donn’Jai Arenovski, Reporter

High School has many outstanding aspects, especially when it comes to the unique and exotic personalities you come across everyday. Though, with so many miscellaneous activities and events happening all that once, us Buena students don’t have a great deal of time to stop and appreciate our devoted high school teachers!

Mr. Eric Suchdolski, born in January of 1970 always had a passion for art and creativity. In college, Mr. Suchdolski studied graphic design at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York. Although soon enough, he found himself in Sierra Vista, Arizona, teaching at the local Apache middle school as an art teacher with the help of a fellow educator; Mrs. Debra Roach. His new adoration for different kinds of art and helping students discover their artistic abilities soon unravelled into a lifelong career as an art teacher.

Mr. Suchdolski describes himself as goofy, yet patient and honest. During his free time he enjoys spending time with his family and occasionally loves to read (of course if he isn’t too tired). During an interview with Mr. S, he expressed his love for art and the classroom “There’s so many aspects.” He continues, “What I like about being a teacher is mainly the students and their unique personalities and creativity…I like when someone surprises themselves with what they can do.” Although, Mr. Suchdolski revealed that it isn’t always easy being a teacher. He stated that the hardest thing about being an educator would be the tasks outside of the classroom: “Probably the paperwork, the yearly tests and the meetings.” He pointed out, “It takes a lot.” Despite everything else, Mr. Suchdolski loves working with arts and crafts and he loves being within the Buena community. He expressed, “I’d never trade it for the world!”