College Board

College Board

Pixabay

Pixabay

Pixabay

Laila Avery, Reporter

On the morning of April 17, 2019, Buena High School sent an email out to parents about a “School Announcement or Opportunity for Your Child”. Inside this email was a banner with a link to College Board’s website concerning a new scholarship program for all students. It reads,

“Starting with the class of 2020, this program guides all students through the college planning process and offers them a chance to earn money for each action they complete–up to $40,000.” The link provided is to cb.org/opportunity, a site that states that they’ve begun a new initiative to provide $5,000,000 dollars in scholarships to students each year.

This opportunity for scholarships is available for Buena juniors and seniors to begin taking steps towards their college preparation, and in the end, execution. If you’re an upperclassman that’s interested in making some money, head over to that link, register for the program by providing things like your legal name, email, and school, and get started!

Even if you’re not an upperclassmen yet, there are still things that you can do. College Board gives you access to their free College Search, Scholarship Search, Majors and Careers Search tools, and a Financial Aid Calculator to help you get started in your future-building. College Board also gives you information to help you practice for the SAT, complete the FAFSA, and apply to colleges. If not College Board, find some other sites to help you start planning your future–you’ll be glad you did!